Now owned by Birmingham University and known as The Exchange, the headquarters for Birmingham Municipal Bank was built in 1932/3.
It ceased to be a department of the Council who sold it in 1976, becoming a Trustee Savings Bank. The TSB (later Lloyds TSB) left the building in 2006 selling it back to Birmingham City Council. It has been a Grade II listed building since 1996. The University of Birmingham completed the purchase of the former bank in November 2017.
The Exchange opened to the public in September 2021.
One from January 2020, recently released for public consumption.