The former water board filter houses filtered water from the Agden, Dale Dike (the cause of the Great Flood of Sheffield in 1864) and Strines reservoirs in Bradfield Dale. The filter houses were built in 1913 and extended in 1953.
At the time the water works were the cutting edge in technology and reportedly had the first telephone installed in Bradfield in the 1930's.
In 1974 the Yorkshire Water Authority took over and later during the Thatcher government the entire UK water industry was privatised with the Water Act of 1989.
The filter house was closed in 1995 when a new water treatment works was opened in the Loxley Valley.
All photographs are available as prints or canvas with or without the border. Message for sizes/ prices.