The building was built in the early 1900's and has been the home of the Salvation Army for the last 100 years. The building has been vacant since 2004 and the Salvation Army remained without a home in Barnsley for four years until relocating to nearby Wombwell. During the move several memorial tablets were rediscovered that had been kept in storage. The tablets dated back to May 1924 and remembered 11 men who had served in the local regiment, that had been a part of the citadel.
All photographs are available as prints or canvas with or without the border. Message for sizes/ prices.