HistoryThe Rutland Mill complex which lays on the bank of the river Calder has been a grade II listed building since 5th March 1998 and was an integrated worsted spinning mill which was built between 1872 and 1875 by Isaac Briggs, a retired railway contractor who invested in the mill for himself and his sons. The building was made using red brick with polychromatic brick details and Welsh slate roofs. It is now being being renovated as part of the Wakefield waterfront regeneration scheme. The Hepworth Wakefield, is situated opposite the complex. Demolition of the buildings was supposed to take place in April 2015 to create space for a public waterfront area, however it has not been carried out as of yet.