HistoryPreviously a private pool belonging to a country club in the 1930's it later opened to members around 1938 who paid a small fee for its use. The pool is fed by a mountain stream and the water is reported to remain cool throughout the year. In the 1940's/50's locals recall the pool being open to the public where it cost a 'shilling for children and half a crown for adults' entry. During storms in 1947 the pool was badly damaged and reportedly 'never the same again' but postcards in circulation in the 1960's provide evidence that the pool remained open at least until then. Now it sits abandoned and hidden in the woods.