It was the year 1936 when Huddersfield’s Co-operative was built and May 1937 when it officially opened its doors.
Its chief architect was W.A. Johnson and it was revolutionary in its design for a commercial building of the time.
In its early days it remained the Co-op, and other uses have included a radio station, music school and nightclub.
Part of the building is now the Wilkinsons store.
Kirklees Council agreed to buy it in 2007 for £2.1m as it formed part of the plans for the £200m Queensgate Revival, but the economic downturn hit the plans.
The music school moved out and it has remained empty since.