Built in 1863/4 and most recently known as the 'South Brewery', this site was constructed by Bass to join the nearby 'Middle' & 'Old breweries.
Following the demolition of the neighbouring Dehli Maltings in the mid 1960s the site was extensively modernised and became known as 'Bass No. 2 Brewery'.
Large portions of the Victorian buildings at the Eastern side of the site were demolished, eventually becoming home to Sainsburys supermarket in 1996.
In 2000 the Bass breweries and several of its brands were purchased by American company Coors, becoming Molston Coors by 2005 after the merger. Bass cask ale however, continues to be brewed in Burton by Marstons, for brand owner InBev.
The South Brewery was decommissioned in early 2018 after all brewing was transferring to the North Brewery on Station Street.
In October 2020 the 5.77 acre site, including 2 original listed buildings, was purchased by Day-Dako developments for an undisclosed amount and is earmarked for a 'residential led, mixed used scheme'.
One from January 2021, recently released for public consumption.